Social Media – APCO Online®
The rise of citizen journalism, erosion of trust in traditional media, explosive growth in social networks and increasing influence of peer-based referrals make leveraging social media an essential part of any communication strategy. The effective use of social media can significantly extend the reach, impact and endurance of almost any campaign.
At APCO Worldwide, we do not view social media as just another communication channel for targeted message distribution. Rather than a collection of publications, social media outlets are much more like gathering places for stakeholder groups.
Read more below
After 25 years of successful stakeholder engagement, we work with clients to find ways to make productive contributions to these communities that adds value and meets shared needs and interests. We help clients approach social media as the dynamic, complex, integrated, user-driven communities they are by developing ways to engage in these communities that are authentic, transparent, enduring and impactful.
APCO’s social media team carefully studies and participates in many communities. We also maintain close relationships with leaders of communities important to our clients’ businesses, including those dealing with politics, the environment, sustainability, health care, science, technology, parenting and economics.
Once engagement strategies are set, we are able to deliver a full range of tactical options, including:
- positioning strategies for key company staff
- coordination of company blogging or guest blogging efforts
- social media events
- design and maintenance of new channels (e.g., on YouTube, Flickr and Facebook)
- repackaging of content into community-friendly formats
- application design and development
- social network campaign design and recruitment
- ongoing community leader engagement
- community mapping, monitoring, analysis and response protocols through APCO Worldwide’s proprietary Digital Vigilance® service
Learn more about team members for Social Media – APCO Online® >>