Nonprofit or nongovernmental organizations (NGOs) are vital and increasingly influential players in social, economic, environmental and political affairs, both at a national and global level. The spread of diseases, questions about access to quality education, the current economic crisis and climate change are all challenges that can no longer be ignored by any one segment of society, any one sector, or any one region of the world. NGOs play a critical role in working with governments and businesses to find shared solutions.
Read more below
As the global landscape changes, so have the expectations that funders place on nonprofits for greater accountability, transparency and reporting. Donors view philanthropy and grant-making as investments that reap social benefits, and nonprofits have responded with a growing interest in applying social entrepreneurship and nonprofit business models and demonstrating a more results-based approach.
Since its inception in 1984, APCO Worldwide has worked with clients from the nonprofit sector to develop and implement strategic planning, communication and advocacy strategies to:
- raise public awareness to develop support for action or programming
- report on progress and outcomes
- share knowledge to achieve greater social impact
- expand partnerships and funding base
- develop partnerships in both the public and private sectors
- educate media and public opinion on sensitive and complex issues
- inform public policies to drive results
- work with community organizations
Learn more about team members for Nonprofit >>